*** ATTENTION RENTAL CUSTOMERS ***
WHEN YOU RENT A TEXTBOOK THEY ARE DUE IN STORE ON MAIN CAMPUS ON OR BEFORE THE LISTED DUE DATE.
BE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO RETURN YOUR RENTED TEXTBOOK BY THAT DATE.
TEXTBOOKS NOT RETURNED IN STORE BY DUE DATE WILL BE CHARGED A LATE FEE.
The BC3 Bookstore is pleased to introduce a textbook rental program providing another option to save on the cost of textbooks.
The Textbook Rental Program allows students (with a valid BC3 Student ID) the opportunity to rent textbooks for the duration of one (1) semester.
Rental textbooks are only available for select titles and in limited quantities.
Your completion of the rental transaction acknowledges your agreement to the following terms and conditions:
- You are at least 18 years of age, a currently enrolled BC3 student with a valid BC3 Student ID.
- You understand the rental textbook(s) is the property of the BC3 Bookstore and in agreeing with the terms of this rental program you accept the responsibility to use the textbook(s) and return the same textbook(s) that you rented to the BC3 Bookstore in resalable condition (no tears, water damage, physical damage to the cover, pages, or spine, or excessive writing or highlighting). You understand and agree the BC3 Bookstore will have sole discretion to evaluate and determine the condition of the book upon return.
- You agree to allow the BC3 Bookstore to keep your credit card number on file and charge your credit card for any current new book replacement cost and fees if the rental book(s) listed are not returned by the rental due date, for any reason, including loss or theft, or if the rental book(s) are not returned in resalable condition, as defined above. The BC3 Bookstore staff shall have sole discretion to evaluate and determine whether a rental book is returned in resalable condition.
- You agree to maintain the credit card in good standing throughout the duration of the rental period. In the event your credit card on file becomes invalid, you agree to immediately notify the BC3 Bookstore and provide a new, valid credit card number.
- You have 14 days from the first day of a semester to apply the rental payment toward the purchase of the same book. Purchase price will be based on the current retail price.
- Late Fee: You understand you will be charged a late fee of $25 if the textbook is not returned by the rental return date of December 17, 2018. Returns will not be accepted after December 17, 2018 and will be considered a failure to return (see #7). The $25 late charge will be applied to the associated costs.
- Failure to Return: If you fail to return the rented textbook(s) by the rental return date, an amount equal to the full retail price of the book will be charged to the credit card on file for this agreement. This is in addition to any rental payment already made.
- If you have not returned the rented textbook (s) by the Rental Return Date and we are unable to charge your credit card, all fees will be placed on your student account. Refund: You may return the rented textbook(s) for a refund within the time frame of and in accordance with the BC3 Bookstore’s specified return policies which will be listed on your receipt.
- The BC3 Bookstore is not responsible for reminding you of your Rental Return Date. Any and all notifications are a courtesy. You are responsible for complying with the Rental Return Dates.
- All information you have provided in connection with this agreement is accurate and complete.
- You have read and fully understand the provisions of this agreement and completion of your rental transaction constitutes your acceptance of the agreement terms. By signing the BC3 Bookstore receipt accompanying this rental transaction, you agree to and accept the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and any additional terms and conditions stated on the receipt.